By H.H. Anderson
This booklet could be of significant curiosity to all engineers and architects fascinated about centrifugal pumps and generators. together with statistical details derived from 20000 pumps and seven hundred generators with capacities of 5gpm to 5000000gpm, this e-book bargains the widest diversity and scope of knowledge presently on hand. Statistical analyses recommend sensible equipment of accelerating pump functionality and supply worthy info for brand spanking new layout features.
Read or Download Centrifugal Pumps and Allied Machinery PDF
Similar machinery books
Die Kombination aus wissenschaftlicher Aktualität, Seriosität und Praxisbezug - für den Ingenieur die Grundlage innovativer Entwicklungen - ist mit diesem Buch gewährleistet. Es stellt den Entwicklungsprozess für Fahrzeuggetriebe vollständig dar, unter Berücksichtigung von handgeschalteten, teil- und vollautomatisierten PKW- und NKW-Getrieben, NKW-Gruppengetrieben, Nebenabtrieben, Verteilergetrieben für Allradantrieb und Endabtriebe.
Historic China was once notable in mechanical know-how ahead of the fifteenth century. a variety of inventive machines have been invented. even if, because of incomplete documentation and lack of accomplished items, lots of the unique machines can't be validated and lots of of the innovations didn't cross right down to later generations.
Surveying the applied sciences used to meet the world's call for for open, effective, and fresh electrical energy, Variable velocity turbines presents an in-depth exam of variable-speed turbines for either stand-alone and grid-connected functions. a part of the electrical turbines instruction manual, Two-Volume Set, this paintings bargains authoritative, tightly targeted remedy of the topologies, regular nation and transients modeling, functionality, keep watch over, layout, and trying out of stand-alone and grid-connected turbines working at variable speeds.
- Design of Machinery (McGraw-Hill Series in Mechanical Engineering)
- CRC Handbook of Lubrication: Theory and Practice of Tribology, Volume II: Theory and Design
- Kinematic Geometry of Mechanisms (Oxford Engineering Science Series)
- Know and Understand Centrifugal Pumps
Additional resources for Centrifugal Pumps and Allied Machinery
Vol 8, p372, 'Das Forderhohenverhaltnis radialer Kreiselpumpen mit logarithmisch-spiraligen Schaufeln'. 38 CENTRIFUGAL PUMPS 4. 5. 6. STODOLA, A. 1927 'Steam and Gas Turbines' (McGraw-Hill). PFLEIDERER, C. 1932. 'Die Kreiselpumpen', second edition (Springer, Berlin). , 'Centrifugal Pumps, An Alternative Theory'. Proc. IME 1947 Vol 157 We 27. , 'The Flow in Volutes and its Effect on Centrifugal Pump Performance', Proc. E. 1963 Vol 177 No 31. , 'Centrifugal and Axial Flow Pumps' (Wiley) 1957. ASME 61 WA320.
6) The contention of earlier investigators that the outlet angle is the major arbiter of pump performance arose through consideration of impeller only. A similarincrease of head could be obtained by widening the impeller for the same casing and the same outlet angle, thus virtually eliminating the impeller outlet angle as a critical factor in pump design. In fairness to these earlier investigators it must be appreciated that they would have only a few pumps available on which it is easier to alter outlet angle than casing throat, whereas a designer now has access to several thousand pumps of varying designs.
Or by noduling consequent upon handling corrosive waters, may reduce the efficiency of the pump below the value shown in the charge by as much as 5-10% or even more. On the other hand by adopting the superior finishes of vitreous linings, by manufacturing the pump parts ofplastics etc, or by the physical polishing of the water passages, a small quantity pump may be given a smaller absolute value of surface roughness with respect to diameter. Such a pump would have a slightly higher efficiency, perhaps 2% or more.